Any birthday with a 9 at the end had to be good because you know its the end of another decade on planet earth. Well this -9th anniversary of the day I was born was simply awesome from start to finish. And as one of the reasons for this blog is to preserve the memories for when we are old and forgetful and for DJ and his family to look back at and hopefully smile and laugh at some of the stories, I will commit to paper some of the highlights of this birthday.
My day started with tea and toast and a birthday serenade from my Darling Husband and my Little Darling, DJ. Great start. Them came presents and cards. Feeling the love. Jonathan was taking his bike to work for the first time so off he want and DJ, who had been up since dawn, went back to watching TV. No problem, I happily indulged myself in opening a few presents I had saved for that morning. . . King crisps and Cadburys chocolate from Sandra, a T-shirt and bracelet from Mum - a girl is never too old to get presents from her Mum!! And My Ireland Box that I had been saving for weeks, which had some smelled lovely even before it was opened. . . a beauty box from home. Body lotion, hand cream and bath salts. Ab fab!!
And then there was the Facebook time - checking and enjoying the messages from friends far and near. Yes I prefer getting cards in the mail but the world we live in these days is technology based, so lets embrace that!
Then it was off to the city with DJ - we had a mission to get cupcakes from Layers, but we got to town too early for that so we headed to the Farmers Market
On the topic of My Ireland Box - it was my second one and certainly will not be my last. Already planning who I am going to gift them to this year. Each month is a surprise. Love it.
Saturday, June 27, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dinner & Disc Golf
It's fun to try something new, so when Heather suggested Disc Golf after a feast of ribs, smashed potatoes, roasted cauliflower and a lo...
-
If you ask DJ where he went for his holidays he'll tell you Cape Breton. Ask him where his other holiday was and you will get the answer...
-
It's been a few years since we had a big party at the house and this year I felt my 'Irishness' n eeded a bit of a boost. So we ...
-
Not too long after we moved (back) here I started teaching again and one of the things I used to apologise for was my accent. I was afraid t...
No comments:
Post a Comment