Sunday, May 17, 2009

Down the Valley

Lori & I escaped for a few hours - just a short road trip to the Valley. As we approached Wolfville, we figured we might as well stop off and pick up a few bottles of vino at my vineyard - Grand Pre.

I guess I have never been to visit my vine this early in the Spring, I thought there had been a terrible accident and someone had chopped down all the vines. . . . I was relieved to realise that this is what you do (cut them back) to promote new growth. Can you tell I do not have green fingers?

En route to New Minas, we were swayed by a parking space outside Casa Bella, so we had to take a look. when we did get to New Minas, Lori was a little disappointed that the Jelly Cupboard was closed. So we wandered back to Wolfville and checked out a few more gift shops, saw lots of bright shiny things but we were both remarkably well restrained - no unnecessary purchases :)

Pitstop on the way back for a cuppa and piece of pie at The Evangeline and back home in time to make supper. Sure they hardly noticed we were gone :)

1 comment:

Dinner & Disc Golf

It's fun to try something new, so when Heather suggested Disc Golf after a feast of ribs, smashed potatoes, roasted cauliflower and a lo...