Friday, June 11, 2021

Black Belt Grading

A new dobok comes with promotion
 to Black Belt
Last night was the culmination of five years of sweat and hard work, thousands of hours of training, hundreds of classes, countless bumps and bruises, a broken wrist. . .  Resulting in one BLACK BELT ❤🥋 In spite of to being a 'formality', I had high expectations of myself and while I aced the bits that have been my nemesis in past years, it wasn't a smooth ride. But I got there, with a little help, right Master Bill?!




I have watched a few black belt tests and was always in as we of how much they were able to to, so many patterns, so much sparring, such intensity, pushed to their limits and survived. Well Thanks to Covid, there was no audience, no sparring, no board breaking and I felt a little like I cheated. But it's not about the test, it's not about kicking over your head, it's about the journey. And it's been one heck of a ride. 
The Master & I

When I broke my wrist in class, about four years ago, I wondered if I would be able to go back to it. I wanted to. So I did. But I was scared for a long time, but the green belt grading put me back on track and I knew then that I was in it for the long haul. 

When I started Taekwon-do at nearly 50 years old,  I was self-conscious and felt way out of my depth. But I had been curious about it for many many years Thanks to my BFF Sandie (Mrs Doyle) 

It's what I learned along the way that really counts. I learned that:

  • If it really matters, you won't give up
  • The kind of people that do TKD for the love of it are good people, really good people
  • That I will never stop learning 

Tailgate Party - because COVID! 

Cards & Gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & Disc Golf

It's fun to try something new, so when Heather suggested Disc Golf after a feast of ribs, smashed potatoes, roasted cauliflower and a lo...