Not for the first time, I find myself realising I have not written in ages. Mind you I do have some stories lingering in the draft folder which may or may not see the light of day.
But a pre-dinner conversation last night got me thinking . . . . when I started the blog, I wanted to be able to keep in touch with friends back home and let them know what we we up to over here in Canada. Then as we crossed the first-year-away mark, I realised it was a bit of a journal and a bit of fun to see where we were this time last year.
But every now & again, I stall. And the reasons are usually the same - some sort of upset or upheaval. But let's not dwell on that as that is not the reason for this blog. So back to basics.
It's not about ego (mine) or money. It's a little bit about sharing stories (mostly the good ones), it's alot about a journalling for a future time and I maybe a little bit of a creative outlet for moi (Elle, cos as much as I get a lot of my material from Jonathan & DJ, they don't write to up).
So, if you are reading it, Thank You and I hope you enjoy it. So let's go back through those drafts and see what we can find.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dinner & Disc Golf
It's fun to try something new, so when Heather suggested Disc Golf after a feast of ribs, smashed potatoes, roasted cauliflower and a lo...
-
If you ask DJ where he went for his holidays he'll tell you Cape Breton. Ask him where his other holiday was and you will get the answer...
-
It's been a few years since we had a big party at the house and this year I felt my 'Irishness' n eeded a bit of a boost. So we ...
-
Not too long after we moved (back) here I started teaching again and one of the things I used to apologise for was my accent. I was afraid t...
No comments:
Post a Comment