Saturday, October 27, 2012

Autumn Winds

Today I drove around with my Autumn shades on. They are a brown tint which makes the Fall colours of red, yellow, orange and brown seem more like Crimson, Gold, Burnt Orange and ??? Just lovely. But the camera just can't seem to capture those shades. I would need my old Nikon with a yellow filter to get it. It really is a magnificent time of the year and it seems to be extending every year we have been here.  The most spectacular views are in the morning and DJ & I have been lucky to catch the sun coming up as we walk up the little bit of a hill that overlooks the back of our development (estate) on the way to the bus stop. Those few minutes in the morning with his little hand holding mine as we walk and chat are just precious!! Sometimes, seeing things through the eyes of a child is the change in perspective that brings me back to a state of mind that is more peaceful and allows /reminds me to be in the moment. For that I am grateful. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & Disc Golf

It's fun to try something new, so when Heather suggested Disc Golf after a feast of ribs, smashed potatoes, roasted cauliflower and a lo...